Friday, May 16, 2008

Disturbing Threat to Press Freedom

I normally leave the breaking-story news updates to the ever-diligent Shaina at Bosnia Vault, but this story from the latest OSCE Report seems especially sinister and troubling:

OSCE: Deteriorating State of Media Freedom in BiH

This is certainly something worthy of more attention. The use of violence and intimidation to silence press criticism is never a good sign; in Bosnia, this sort of thuggishness is all-too-familiar from recent history.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kirk, typo for Shaina

Kirk Johnson said...

Thanks for catching that Owen--I must confess that I wrote this post at work--no time to proofread!

Sorry Shaina!

Shaina said...

No problem!

You know what-I didn't even notice it when I first read the article

So, great eyes Owen.

Anonymous said...

Wish I could spot my own ones!

Srebrenica Genocide said...

Well I haven't even spotted the typo, lol...

Anonymous said...

Because Kirk's fixed it!